Codoforum related discussions
What is SSO with auto-login

What is SSO with auto-login ?

what is its use?

When I enable it from plugin then cannot find server page come on login option

What is SSO with auto-login ? what is its use? When I enable it from plugin then cannot find server page come on login option

realinfo.tv

SSO stands for single sign on.
If you already have a site with its login system, you can integrate it with codoforum using SSO.
once SSO is activated, codoforum will use your main website's login/registration/logout.

this is very useful for people who already have a site built on Joomla or Wordpress or any other CMS.

SSO stands for single sign on. If you already have a site with its login system, you can integrate it with codoforum using SSO. once SSO is activated, codoforum will use your main website's login/registration/logout. this is very useful for people who already have a site built on Joomla or Wordpress or any other CMS.

Does this works with sites with different TLD Domains, but hosted in the same server and with the same IP?

Does this works with sites with different TLD Domains, but hosted in the same server and with the same IP?

Yes It will work.
for example our website runs on drupal.
but you need some authentication mechanism on you website.

  1. codoforum will request your site and your site should return the current logged in user details.
  2. codoforum will then use these details to initiate a session.

let me know if you need help regarding this.

Yes It will work. for example our website runs on drupal. but you need some authentication mechanism on you website. 1. codoforum will request your site and your site should return the current logged in user details. 2. codoforum will then use these details to initiate a session. let me know if you need help regarding this.

No for the moment I don't use it, but I plan something like this.
First, I plan to have a few forums running on Codoforum, but each of them will have different TLDs. Ideal would be if these forums share the same userbase.
Than, I have a gallery site running with Coppermine Photo Gallery. This one too I need to have connected with the Forum. For CPG are some bridges out there. So if Codoforum could work with it for the user and comment system, this would be awesome. BTF, you should consider Codoforum and as Comment system for diffrent purposes. E.g, CMS with need for comment system, Blogs like those with Wordpress, Galleries like Coppermine and so on. Discourse has something like this.
https://github.com/discourse/wp-discourse
https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-it-possible-to-use-discourse-as-a-commenting-system/12627
http://boingboing.net/2013/06/27/can-we-talk.html
http://eviltrout.com/2014/01/22/embedding-discourse.html
Just an Idea for the future. ;)

PS: For the moment I'm still using SMF (Forum with more than 1 million posts and topics), but in a few months, Codoforum will be my software of choice.

No for the moment I don't use it, but I plan something like this. First, I plan to have a few forums running on Codoforum, but each of them will have different TLDs. Ideal would be if these forums share the same userbase. Than, I have a gallery site running with Coppermine Photo Gallery. This one too I need to have connected with the Forum. For CPG are some bridges out there. So if Codoforum could work with it for the user and comment system, this would be awesome. BTF, you should consider Codoforum and as Comment system for diffrent purposes. E.g, CMS with need for comment system, Blogs like those with Wordpress, Galleries like Coppermine and so on. Discourse has something like this. https://github.com/discourse/wp-discourse https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-it-possible-to-use-discourse-as-a-commenting-system/12627 http://boingboing.net/2013/06/27/can-we-talk.html http://eviltrout.com/2014/01/22/embedding-discourse.html Just an Idea for the future. ;) PS: For the moment I'm still using SMF (Forum with more than 1 million posts and topics), but in a few months, Codoforum will be my software of choice.

Ideal would be if these forums share the same userbase.

It is possible and easy to implement with help of codoforum sso .

you should consider Codoforum and as Comment system for diffrent purposes

Yes, it is an good idea . We will see if we can do that .

> Ideal would be if these forums share the same userbase. It is possible and easy to implement with help of codoforum sso . >you should consider Codoforum and as Comment system for diffrent purposes Yes, it is an good idea . We will see if we can do that .

Hi guys, can someone give an example of how to populate the SSO fields? I really don't understand the sample URLs that come with the installation and there is no help or documents about it. What exactly are these and what shall I use?

I should also mention that I already have a website with a registration and sign in system in place. I just want to use the sessions so that when members on my website are signed in, they will also be signed in to my codoforum installation. How do I do that?

SSO Name:
SSO Client ID:
SSO Secret:
SSO Get User Path:
SSO Login User Path:
SSO Logout User Path:
SSO Register User Path:

Thank you,
Mark

Hi guys, can someone give an example of how to populate the SSO fields? I really don't understand the sample URLs that come with the installation and there is no help or documents about it. What exactly are these and what shall I use? I should also mention that I already have a website with a registration and sign in system in place. I just want to use the sessions so that when members on my website are signed in, they will also be signed in to my codoforum installation. How do I do that? SSO Name: SSO Client ID: SSO Secret: SSO Get User Path: SSO Login User Path: SSO Logout User Path: SSO Register User Path: Thank you, Mark
edited Nov 7 '14 at 3:33 am

We have not yet added documentation on this since the sso plugin is undergoing a major rewrite.

We will be releasing a new version on 12th of this month and documentation for SSO integration will be added by that time.

Hope you can wait till then.

We have not yet added documentation on this since the sso plugin is undergoing a major rewrite. We will be releasing a new version on 12th of this month and documentation for SSO integration will be added by that time. Hope you can wait till then.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Very interesting, but is it also possible to do it the other way around? For example let a comment system use Codoforum's login system?

In other words: Is it possible to login with your Codoforum account at another (part of the) website?

Very interesting, but is it also possible to do it the other way around? For example let a comment system use Codoforum's login system? In other words: Is it possible to login with your Codoforum account at another (part of the) website?

Very interesting, but is it also possible to do it the other way around? For example let a comment system use Codoforum's login system?

Yes, it is possible.
You can create a plugin in Codoforum for that.
The plugin will send an AJAX response with the current user details.

>Very interesting, but is it also possible to do it the other way around? For example let a comment system use Codoforum's login system? Yes, it is possible. You can create a plugin in Codoforum for that. The plugin will send an AJAX response with the current user details.

You can create a plugin in Codoforum for that.

Ahh I'll just go and build a plugin then..... Not really xD

I might do actually.... Could you walk me through the logic then?

I will probably have to build some sort of API plugin that allows remote requests.
But how would this integrate with the uni_login plugin? Because Steam is my only login possibility .

> You can create a plugin in Codoforum for that. Ahh I'll just go and build a plugin then..... Not really xD I might do actually.... Could you walk me through the logic then? I will probably have to build some sort of API plugin that allows remote requests. But how would this integrate with the uni_login plugin? Because Steam is my only login possibility .

Because Steam is my only login possibility

Can you please explain what you are trying to do ?

I have visited your website http://hkon.tv/codoforum/ and know that you have integrated Steam login system into Codoforum.
But, where will you use the Codoforum login system ?

> Because Steam is my only login possibility Can you please explain what you are trying to do ? I have visited your website http://hkon.tv/codoforum/ and know that you have integrated Steam login system into Codoforum. But, where will you use the Codoforum login system ?
edited Dec 8 '14 at 4:17 pm

I was trying to implement it in the comment system as seen here: http://hkon.tv/news/g2a

Since there was no comment system available that suited my needs I just build my own. What I did now is just integrated the sign in through steam API separately from the forums which works quite well I guess.

I was trying to implement it in the comment system as seen here: http://hkon.tv/news/g2a Since there was no comment system available that suited my needs I just build my own. What I did now is just integrated the sign in through steam API separately from the forums which works quite well I guess.

So, you want your users to be able to login using Codoforum too ?

If yes that is possible, may be we should write some documentation for it.

So, you want your users to be able to login using Codoforum too ? If yes that is possible, may be we should write some documentation for it.
1.64k
15
4
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft