FreiChat related discussions
Country flags instead of avatars

Hi there,

I have a multilingual Joomla 2.5 site with integrated "Community Builder".

I would like to display the national flag of each visitor rather than the avatars of "Community Builder".

The country information is in the database "xxx_comprofiler" of "Community Builder" in the column "cb_location".

The individual flag images are stored in the folder "images / flags".

Can anyone give me a tip how can I realize this?

Thank you so much!

Joerg

Hi there, I have a multilingual Joomla 2.5 site with integrated "Community Builder". I would like to display the national flag of each visitor rather than the avatars of "Community Builder". The country information is in the database "xxx_comprofiler" of "Community Builder" in the column "cb_location". The individual flag images are stored in the folder "images / flags". Can anyone give me a tip how can I realize this? Thank you so much! Joerg

If you open the file freichat/server/drivers/JCB.php and look at the functions
get_users() and get_buddies() , you will see how the avatar is being fetched .

You can change the query to get the country location('cb_location') instead of avatar .

That alone wont do the job, as your actual location of the country images may be different .
So you will need to edit the function avatar_url() in the same file and set the image path correctly .

If you open the file freichat/server/drivers/JCB.php and look at the functions get_users() and get_buddies() , you will see how the avatar is being fetched . You can change the query to get the country location('cb_location') instead of avatar . That alone wont do the job, as your actual location of the country images may be different . So you will need to edit the function ``avatar_url()`` in the same file and set the image path correctly .
91
1
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft