FreiChat related discussions
Chatroom menu in Joomla 3.3

I would like to create a chatroom page with a menu pointed to it in Joomla 3.3 and disable the facebook-like bar at the bottom of the page for everyone.

I would like to create a chatroom page with a menu pointed to it in Joomla 3.3 and disable the facebook-like bar at the bottom of the page for everyone.

I would like to create a chatroom page with a menu pointed to it

Do you want to embed the chatroom in a page , or do you want to load it in
only one page .
In both cases, the page will be pointed by a link in the menu .

and disable the facebook-like bar at the bottom of the page for everyone.

You can do that easily using the backend .

  • Open freichat backend -> ACL .
  • uncheck private chat for both guests and users
>I would like to create a chatroom page with a menu pointed to it Do you want to embed the chatroom in a page , or do you want to load it in only one page . In both cases, the page will be pointed by a link in the menu . >and disable the facebook-like bar at the bottom of the page for everyone. You can do that easily using the backend . - Open freichat backend -> ACL . - uncheck private chat for both guests and users
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Yes, I would like to embed the forum in one page.

Regarding private chat for user, it just keep reverting to the default setting every time I uncheck private chat for users. I am not sure if that is a bug or something in my overall setting that is wrong.

Yes, I would like to embed the forum in one page. Regarding private chat for user, it just keep reverting to the default setting every time I uncheck private chat for users. I am not sure if that is a bug or something in my overall setting that is wrong.

Yes, I would like to embed the forum in one page.

Please read this post for a solution as it is very similar :
http://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/forum/topic/1171/attached-to-position

Regarding private chat for user, it just keep reverting to the default setting every time I uncheck private chat for users. I am not sure if that is a bug or something in my overall setting that is wrong.

Solution for ACL bug:

Go to freichat/administrator/admin_files/home/acl/index.php

Around line 43 , replace

if (isset($_POST['p_chat_guest']) || isset($_POST['p_chat_user'])) {

with

if (isset($_POST['posted'])) {
>Yes, I would like to embed the forum in one page. Please read this post for a solution as it is very similar : http://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/forum/topic/1171/attached-to-position >Regarding private chat for user, it just keep reverting to the default setting every time I uncheck private chat for users. I am not sure if that is a bug or something in my overall setting that is wrong. Solution for ACL bug: Go to freichat/administrator/admin_files/home/acl/index.php Around line 43 , replace ``` if (isset($_POST['p_chat_guest']) || isset($_POST['p_chat_user'])) { ``` with ``` if (isset($_POST['posted'])) { ```
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sorry but when i uncheck private chat for both guests and users and click to modify, there are no changes. Is it any bug???

Sorry but when i uncheck private chat for both guests and users and click to modify, there are no changes. Is it any bug???

Did you make that change mentioned in our previous post ?

If you are still facing that bug send us the freichat/administrator/admin_files/home/acl/index.php file .

Did you make that change mentioned in our previous post ? If you are still facing that bug send us the `freichat/administrator/admin_files/home/acl/index.php` file .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I need to do this, too - embed a single chatroom in one page - but the link is dead...

I need to do this, too - embed a single chatroom in one page - but the link is dead...
328
7
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft