FreiChat related discussions
FreiChat 9.6 on Joomla! 3.2.1

Hello everyone,

I found FreiChat as one of the few free chat modules - great respect for that fact first.

Tested it online, downloaded it, tried to install... And here we go with the problems:
Installation went fine until "params.php" , at this point my browser tried to load something but it took forever, nothing happened.
Downloaded the whole site again and installed it locally with xampp, everything went fine, I was able to chat and well, it just worked.
Uploaded everything again, refreshed the databases, changed the hardcode.php but now it doesn't show me online users ( says " Getting list of online users ..... " ) and it doesn't show the chatrooms ( whenever I want to create a new one, a blank site appears and firefox loads itself to death again... )

If you want to test it, there are two test accounts, test1 and test2, passwords are the same as the usernames.
Site name is http://www.blu-as.cwsurf.de

What I think might be the problem is a wrong path to the tmp folder in the Joomla! settings, but I just can't get the right one... tried so many things and it still gives me errors.

EDIT: I just retried putting the right tmp path as well as I solved the "JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths" error. Now I can install any plugin, module or whatever without errors. But when I tried to re-install FreiChat, it still hung itself up at params.php :/

Well, you heard this stuff so many times, you really must be tired of it already, but I hope you can help me in any way ;)

Best regards,
Manuel

Hello everyone, I found FreiChat as one of the few free chat modules - great respect for that fact first. Tested it online, downloaded it, tried to install... And here we go with the problems: Installation went fine until "params.php" , at this point my browser tried to load something but it took forever, nothing happened. Downloaded the whole site again and installed it locally with xampp, everything went fine, I was able to chat and well, it just worked. Uploaded everything again, refreshed the databases, changed the hardcode.php but now it doesn't show me online users ( says " Getting list of online users ..... " ) and it doesn't show the chatrooms ( whenever I want to create a new one, a blank site appears and firefox loads itself to death again... ) If you want to test it, there are two test accounts, test1 and test2, passwords are the same as the usernames. Site name is http://www.blu-as.cwsurf.de What I think might be the problem is a wrong path to the tmp folder in the Joomla! settings, but I just can't get the right one... tried so many things and it still gives me errors. EDIT: I just retried putting the right tmp path as well as I solved the "JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths" error. Now I can install any plugin, module or whatever without errors. But when I tried to re-install FreiChat, it still hung itself up at params.php :/ Well, you heard this stuff so many times, you really must be tired of it already, but I hope you can help me in any way ;) Best regards, Manuel

You are seeing "Getting list of online users ..... " because, your webserver is adding some unwanted code in the response of requests made by freichat .

So when freichat fetches the list of users from the database , instead of getting a properly formatted response, it gets some unnecessary code at the end , which cannot be parsed .

The code that is added is :

  <script type='text/javascript'><!--//<![CDATA[
                                                       var ox_u = 'http://ads.cwcity.de/ads/www/delivery/al.php?campaignid=1&target=_blank&layerstyle=simple&align=center&valign=bottom&padding=2&padding=2&shifth=0&shiftv=30&closebutton=t&backcolor=FFFFFF&noborder=t';
                                                       if (document.context) ox_u += '&context=' + escape(document.context);
                                                       document.write("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='" + ox_u + "'></scr"+"ipt>");
                                                    //]]>--></script>

Most free webhosts are known to be doing this .
Ask your webhost to remove the above code, and freichat should work as expected .

You are seeing &quot;Getting list of online users ..... &quot; because, your webserver is adding some unwanted code in the response of requests made by freichat . So when freichat fetches the list of users from the database , instead of getting a properly formatted response, it gets some unnecessary code at the end , which cannot be parsed . The code that is added is : ```` &amp;lt;script type=&#039;text/javascript&#039;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;!--//&amp;lt;![CDATA[ var ox_u = &#039;http://ads.cwcity.de/ads/www/delivery/al.php?campaignid=1&amp;target=_blank&amp;layerstyle=simple&amp;align=center&amp;valign=bottom&amp;padding=2&amp;padding=2&amp;shifth=0&amp;shiftv=30&amp;closebutton=t&amp;backcolor=FFFFFF&amp;noborder=t&#039;; if (document.context) ox_u += &#039;&amp;context=&#039; + escape(document.context); document.write(&quot;&amp;lt;scr&quot;+&quot;ipt type=&#039;text/javascript&#039; src=&#039;&quot; + ox_u + &quot;&#039;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/scr&quot;+&quot;ipt&amp;gt;&quot;); //]]&amp;gt;--&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/script&amp;gt; ```` Most free webhosts are known to be doing this . Ask your webhost to remove the above code, and freichat should work as expected .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Thanks a lot, I always searched for a mistake I made.
Now I remember that I heard something about this webhost puttig thse stupid ads everywhere... Thanks a lot, I'll try to deactivate the ads later and tell yoou if it worked.

Best regards,
Manuel

Thanks a lot, I always searched for a mistake I made. Now I remember that I heard something about this webhost puttig thse stupid ads everywhere... Thanks a lot, I&#039;ll try to deactivate the ads later and tell yoou if it worked. Best regards, Manuel

Okay, now after I spammed their forum a little bit to get the kudos it needs to remove the ads for one month it works smile
Thanks for your great help, I would have never searched for the mistake at this point. Great support, keep your work up guys smile

Best regards,
Manuel

Okay, now after I spammed their forum a little bit to get the kudos it needs to remove the ads for one month it works :) Thanks for your great help, I would have never searched for the mistake at this point. Great support, keep your work up guys :) Best regards, Manuel
215
3
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft