I try to install freichat into my joomla and it tells me that the configuration.php is not readable. How do I fix this.
I try to install freichat into my joomla and it tells me that the configuration.php is not readable. How do I fix this.
I'm posting this here since I can't post new question
Post subject: I can't add FreiChat.V.9.6 with latest version of Joomla
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm
I had uploaded the FreiChat.V.9.6.zip file to the Joomla base folder. Then I had visited the URL http://mysite.com/freichat but I'm getting the error message.
"The requested page cannot be found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page
Go to the Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.
404 Category not found"
I have also tried http://mywebsite.com/freichat/installation/index.php
I have also tried install modules on Joomla Admin. Nothing works! Please Help Me!!!
I try to install freichat into my joomla and it tells me that the configuration.php is not readable. How do I fix this.
You should see an input that specifies the path to the configuration.php file,make sure that path is correct.
The freichat folder must be uploaded in the Joomla installed folder .
@MKDan
I'm posting this here since I can't post new question
Are you getting any error while posting ?
I had uploaded the FreiChat.V.9.6.zip file to the Joomla base folder. Then I had visited the URL http://mysite.com/freichat but I'm getting the error message
Is your Joomla site accessible in http://mysite.com ?
Ok was now able to get everything to continue on but it is still not showing up on my website. There was a section that said I need to download and place the module folder but it does not tell me where i am supposed to put it. I placed it in the same file I have freichat in but nothing is working at all
My site can be accessed from http://socialphobians.oo3.co or from http://socialphobians.co.nr
Hello sir, What about my problem. I can't install it from the module manager too. I remember that I got a message like "Not a vaild XML file" "Please select a vaild package file'.
I installed the module in the joomla extension manager and still nothing on the website.
@michaelnayt, Go to your Joomla admin panel and add the FreiChat code on the body of your current user template (not in the current admin template).
Have no clue how to do what you suggest all I know is none of the instructions given to install this on my joomla is even close to what happens when I try. My backend of joomla does not look anything like any of the examples so that just makes me more confused. I spent 35 bucks on a program that it looks like I will never be able to use
Hello,
Please login to your Joomla and go to "Template Manager" and follow the bellow steps mentioned in the tutorial.
If you face any more problem then contact me.
Thanks for trying to help MKDan but my back end of joomla does not look anything like what you are showing here. I am not the greatest at this stuff as it is quite obvious. Codologic has offered to install for me so hopefully my frustration is now over and I will have this finally completed at my site
I fixed the issues you told me I needed to do to install Freichat however I am still not able to get it to work on my site. I know you offered to install for me and sent me an email but cannot find the email to contact you back. Could you please try again for me? Thank you so much for your time
I fixed the problems you asked me to in that email but I still cannot get it to work have installed and uninstalled several times and cannot get it to work
Your previous draft for topic is pending
If you continue, your previous draft will be discarded.