Codoforum related discussions
Attachments filename

Hi,

I want to use codoforum in my company to store files in differents boards but I realize that uploaded files are automatically renamed to something like this : 59bbe6028f8a5.pdf

Is it possible to keep the original filename for all uploaded file? or maybe develop a plugin which will manage file upload for each posts ? Or is it all in codoforum official developper's hands?

Can someone give me some ideas for reflection? It's an important point that will reveal if codoforum is adapted to our company or not.

Hi, I want to use codoforum in my company to store files in differents boards but I realize that uploaded files are automatically renamed to something like this : 59bbe6028f8a5.pdf Is it possible to keep the original filename for all uploaded file? or maybe develop a plugin which will manage file upload for each posts ? Or is it all in codoforum official developper's hands? Can someone give me some ideas for reflection? It's an important point that will reveal if codoforum is adapted to our company or not.

Hi,

We never had this requirement. How about if we keep the original files in a table ?
Will that suffice your requirement ?

Is it possible to keep the original filename for all uploaded file? or maybe develop a plugin which will manage file upload for each posts ? Or is it all in codoforum official developper's hands?

We have not added a hook during the file save. If we add it, you can even create a plugin for this.

Hi, We never had this requirement. How about if we keep the original files in a table ? Will that suffice your requirement ? >Is it possible to keep the original filename for all uploaded file? or maybe develop a plugin which will manage file upload for each posts ? Or is it all in codoforum official developper's hands? We have not added a hook during the file save. If we add it, you can even create a plugin for this.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

In case the file is renamed before the download, it will be allright.
We would appreciate to have a release date if this functionality is due to come.

Thank's a lot.

In case the file is renamed before the download, it will be allright. We would appreciate to have a release date if this functionality is due to come. Thank's a lot.

Yes, We are planning the next release in October end.

Yes, We are planning the next release in October end.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft