General discussion
Would any of you be kind enough to install this software for me?

Hi

I just stumbled upon this forum software and I'm trying to make up my mind whether to choose CodoForum or phpBB for my new forum. My knowledge about forums so far has been limited to administrating them from the admin panel, but I have never installed one. I don't know anything about how to create databases and stuff like that. I just know that I need a hosting plan linked to my domain (which I already bought).

The phpBB guys said that they would be willing to install the software for me for free.

I like CodoForum's user interface more though. Just wondering: would any of you be kind enough as to install CodoForum on my hosting account?

I will take it from there (by using the admin panel and creating categories etc.).

I just need someone to do the installation part for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I just stumbled upon this forum software and I'm trying to make up my mind whether to choose CodoForum or phpBB for my new forum. My knowledge about forums so far has been limited to administrating them from the admin panel, but I have never installed one. I don't know anything about how to create databases and stuff like that. I just know that I need a hosting plan linked to my domain (which I already bought). The phpBB guys said that they would be willing to install the software for me for free. I like CodoForum's user interface more though. Just wondering: would any of you be kind enough as to install CodoForum on my hosting account? I will take it from there (by using the admin panel and creating categories etc.). I just need someone to do the installation part for me. Thanks in advance.

First create a database:
Follow this video till 4:30 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdFBqDsOqQ

Make sure you note down the password, full username and database name (which includes the underscore)

Next upload the codoforum zip file to the www or public_html directory from "File Manager" in cPanel.

Then, unzip it and go to yourdomain.com/codoforum

from there it is as simple as following the guidelines.

Let me know if you are stuck at any point.

First create a database: Follow this video till 4:30 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdFBqDsOqQ Make sure you note down the password, full username and database name (which includes the underscore) Next upload the codoforum zip file to the www or public_html directory from "File Manager" in cPanel. Then, unzip it and go to yourdomain.com/codoforum from there it is as simple as following the guidelines. Let me know if you are stuck at any point.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

What if I want to install it on the main domain (www.my-domain.extension), not on my-domain.extension/subdomain ?

What if I want to install it on the main domain (www.my-domain.extension), not on my-domain.extension/subdomain ?

Then simply move all files in codoforum folder to main directory (public_html or www).
and point your browser to yourdomain.com

Then simply move all files in `codoforum` folder to main directory (public_html or www). and point your browser to yourdomain.com
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
edited Jul 3 at 6:53 pm

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft