General discussion
Worst code style - Does not follow PSR rules and none.

Hey, I am xXAlphaManXx and I am from India too. I am happy that you've made such an awesome forum and it looks all good from the non-techie point of view (normal user).

This forum software has many features and utilizes LESS which makes it to outstand many other forum software.

But you know what? From the developer perspective of view, this software SUCKS. I am really sorry to say. But it is really bad.

Why am I saying this sucks ?

• Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the hell do youu even say it does?
  • So many useless query here and there.
  • Pathetic file structure.
  • DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005
  • World's oldest legacy code can be seen here
  • Using header() for redirection? Kill me!
  • Don't say it has fresh UI. It makes people feel sleepy as soon as they enter the forums. See these forum sofware and then reply Flarum and Discourse
  • So many un-used css classes, php objects and the list goes on.
  • No support for IE6? Even discourse and flarum supports them. You know - most of people in India still use win xp/vista (Not me, I use MacOS)

Actually, the list goes on. But as this forum is public, I don't wanna report the security vulnerabilities here. And seriously, this forum software cries for a recode.

I know you people are youngsters working behind. But you are not younger than me (I am just 15yr). Then why not we show some of our next-generation ideas? Like why not we use a full fledged JS front-end like vue.js?

Just think how it will be if you go and give a teen nokia 1122 and ask them to play with that? The same feeling happens to us when you ask us to use this forum. @avinash @adesh @admin

Suggestions to make it better again

First, open source the software and allow people to code and engage with you. People who need SaaS way, then offer them plans. I hope and I know that you are using the same software for persons who are paying you. The only thing you are doing is that giving them hosting and a support.

Add few ideas, road-map, todos so that other developers can know what you are into and then help you in the way by making a pull request.

And, the last and final hope to make this forum survive is to make it open source and make it awesome again.

I hope you understand this. Take this as a criticism. Let's start working

Hey, I am xXAlphaManXx and I am from India too. I am happy that you've made such an awesome forum and it looks all good from the non-techie point of view (normal user). This forum software has many features and utilizes LESS which makes it to outstand many other forum software. But you know what? From the developer perspective of view, this software ***SUCKS***. I am really sorry to say. But it is really bad. # Why am I saying this sucks ? - Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the ***hell do youu even say it does?*** - So many useless query here and there. - Pathetic file structure. - ***DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005*** - World's oldest legacy code can be seen here - Using `header()` for redirection? Kill me! - Don't say it has fresh UI. It makes people feel sleepy as soon as they enter the forums. See these forum sofware and then reply [Flarum](https://discuss.flarum.org) and [Discourse](https://meta.discourse.org) - So many un-used css classes, php objects and the list goes on. - No support for IE6? Even discourse and flarum supports them. You know - most of people in India still use win xp/vista (Not me, I use MacOS) Actually, the list goes on. But as this forum is public, I don't wanna report the security vulnerabilities here. And seriously, ***this forum software cries for a recode.*** I know you people are youngsters working behind. But you are not younger than me (***I am just 15yr***). Then why not we show some of our next-generation ideas? Like why not we use a full fledged JS front-end like vue.js? Just think how it will be if you go and give a teen nokia 1122 and ask them to play with that? The same feeling happens to us when you ask us to use this forum. @avinash @adesh @admin # Suggestions to make it better again First, open source the software and allow people to code and engage with you. People who need SaaS way, then offer them plans. I hope and I know that you are using the same software for persons who are paying you. The only thing you are doing is that giving them hosting and a support. Add few ideas, road-map, todos so that other developers can know what you are into and then help you in the way by making a pull request. And, the last and final hope to make this forum survive is to make it open source and make it awesome again. I hope you understand this. ***Take this as a criticism. Let's start working***
edited Jun 11 at 2:14 pm

Codoforum 4 update is due very soon with a new UI...

Codoforum 4 update is due very soon with a new UI...

www.getpregnantforfree.co.uk (4700+ active members) powered by Codoforum 3.72 would like to see CodoPM updated :)

Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the hell do youu even say it does?

Why do you say this ? We did not follow the usual route used by other frameworks but we do follow the standards.
Also, we added it later so yes some parts is not completely standard.

So many useless query here and there.

We would have to defend this one. We have tried our best to optimize codoforum.
Any examples?

Pathetic file structure.

You want to say one of the best CMS (drupal) has a pathetic file structure ?
Because, we have the complete same structure as them.

DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005

It does. We test it on PHP 7

Using header() for redirection? Kill me!

Ok, so do you have any better solutions ?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1571973/best-way-redirect-reload-pages-in-php

Don't say it has fresh UI. It makes people feel sleepy as soon as they enter the forums. See these forum sofware and then reply Flarum and Discourse

Design is something that differs between people. So, we don't want to comment here.

So many un-used css classes, php objects and the list goes on.

There may be unused css classes but there aren't many unused php objects.

No support for IE6? Even discourse and flarum supports them. You know - most of people in India still use win xp/vista (Not me, I use MacOS)

Sorry but even jQuery dropped support for IE 6.
If our users ask for it we will happily support it smile

Thanks for your criticism, we will see where we can improve and will definitely try our best!

>Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the hell do youu even say it does? Why do you say this ? We did not follow the usual route used by other frameworks but we do follow the standards. Also, we added it later so yes some parts is not completely standard. >So many useless query here and there. We would have to defend this one. We have tried our best to optimize codoforum. Any examples? >Pathetic file structure. You want to say one of the best CMS (drupal) has a pathetic file structure ? Because, we have the complete same structure as them. >DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005 It does. We test it on PHP 7 >Using header() for redirection? Kill me! Ok, so do you have any better solutions ? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1571973/best-way-redirect-reload-pages-in-php >Don't say it has fresh UI. It makes people feel sleepy as soon as they enter the forums. See these forum sofware and then reply Flarum and Discourse Design is something that differs between people. So, we don't want to comment here. >So many un-used css classes, php objects and the list goes on. There may be unused css classes but there aren't many unused php objects. >No support for IE6? Even discourse and flarum supports them. You know - most of people in India still use win xp/vista (Not me, I use MacOS) Sorry but even jQuery dropped support for IE 6. If our users ask for it we will happily support it :) Thanks for your criticism, we will see where we can improve and will definitely try our best!
edited Jun 13 at 8:22 pm

I have researched for an open source forum for years and I have lot of experiences when it comes to forum scripts.

Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the hell do youu even say it does?
So many useless query here and there.
Pathetic file structure.
DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005
World's oldest legacy code can be seen here
Using header() for redirection? Kill me!

Any other forum script does not support these either (I'm not saying codoforum does not support them). And before you jump into flarum and discourse, for your information:

Flaurm is still in beta, does not support categories or sub categories, lacks lot of features than codoforum and it is not advised to use on a production environment. Yes flarum might have better UI but you cannot compare it with features offered by codofourm.

Discourse is not PHP which makes it out of the question, and not convenient with most PHP based people.

The UI is huge improvement than the rest of the forum software, clean and simple, and I really believe there is more to v4.

I would like to suggest you to go and try vBulletin, vanilla forums, phpbb, etc and see how outdated they are. Even so there is huge price tag for VBulletin, which makes the codoforum is the best PHP based free forum.

I have researched for an open source forum for years and I have lot of experiences when it comes to forum scripts. > Does not even follow PSR rules. Then why the hell do youu even say it does? So many useless query here and there. Pathetic file structure. DOES NOT SUPPORT PHP 7?? IT IS 2017 NOT 2005 World's oldest legacy code can be seen here Using header() for redirection? Kill me! Any other forum script does not support these either (I'm not saying codoforum does not support them). And before you jump into flarum and discourse, for your information: Flaurm is still in beta, does not support categories or sub categories, lacks lot of features than codoforum and **it is not advised to use on a production environment**. Yes flarum might have better UI but you cannot compare it with features offered by codofourm. Discourse is not PHP which makes it out of the question, and not convenient with most PHP based people. The UI is huge improvement than the rest of the forum software, clean and simple, and I really believe there is more to v4. I would like to suggest you to go and try vBulletin, vanilla forums, phpbb, etc and see how outdated they are. Even so there is huge price tag for VBulletin, which makes the codoforum is the best PHP based free forum.

Nice response here. Can you also shed some light on security of this forum script. I am going to start a forum for my already established website. Though I have concerns about the security aspects of this forum script being in its initial stages.

Nice response here. Can you also shed some light on security of this forum script. I am going to start a forum for my already established website. Though I have concerns about the security aspects of this forum script being in its initial stages.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft