Codoforum related discussions
Problem with post excerpt and special characters

Hello,

Firstly I would like to thank you for this software, it's easy to install and great to use.

I have 2 problems and I would be happy if you could help me with those. I attached an image.

1) Closely related to the second problem. Post excerpt broke my word in half and used and generated/changed the next (special) character to a html code (?) &aacu. The next letter would have been an "á", but that would still not been the end of the word.

2) The post excerpt brakes words and instead of ending a post's short version on my home screen at the end of a word or a sentence it breaks a word at the limit. Here only the first character of a word is displayed.

My bigger problem would be the converting of a letter as I see that posts break in a similar way here on the official forum.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance for the response.590b25aadf9c9.png

Hello, Firstly I would like to thank you for this software, it's easy to install and great to use. I have 2 problems and I would be happy if you could help me with those. I attached an image. 1) Closely related to the second problem. Post excerpt broke my word in half and used and generated/changed the next (special) character to a html code (?) &aacu. The next letter would have been an "á", but that would still not been the end of the word. 2) The post excerpt brakes words and instead of ending a post's short version on my home screen at the end of a word or a sentence it breaks a word at the limit. Here only the first character of a word is displayed. My bigger problem would be the converting of a letter as I see that posts break in a similar way here on the official forum. Hope you can help me, thanks in advance for the response.![590b25aadf9c9.png](serve/attachment&path=590b25aadf9c9.png)
edited May 4 at 2:00 pm

Hi,

We will try to improve the excerpt functionality. It does give problems for languages other than english

Hi, We will try to improve the excerpt functionality. It does give problems for languages other than english

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft