Codoforum Related Descussions
On my form using CODOLOGIC forum.

MediaStreamTrack.getSources() is deprecated, and removed from the latest chrome version (January 2017). Chrome now uses MediaDevices.enumerateDevices().

Maybe have a fix where MediaDevices.enumerateDevices() is used first, and if that gave no result, use MediaStreamTrack.getSources() second?

But I don't know how to make this code. Any ideas?

MediaStreamTrack.getSources() is deprecated, and removed from the latest chrome version (January 2017). Chrome now uses MediaDevices.enumerateDevices(). Maybe have a fix where MediaDevices.enumerateDevices() is used first, and if that gave no result, use MediaStreamTrack.getSources() second? But I don't know how to make this code. Any ideas?

Hi,

Yes, we know and have fixed in our code but it is not yet released.

But, that is not the reason for video chat to not work.

Can you please test if the video chat works here: https://codologic.com/demo

The above site has FreiChat v10 installed which uses MediaStreamTrack.getSources() and works with the latest stable version of google chrome.

Hi, Yes, we know and have fixed in our code but it is not yet released. But, that is not the reason for video chat to not work. Can you please test if the video chat works here: https://codologic.com/demo The above site has FreiChat v10 installed which uses MediaStreamTrack.getSources() and works with the latest stable version of google chrome.
edited Feb 15 at 2:17 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply. I cannot find any video chat option in the demo link that you posted. However, we did find the problem with our video chat, we had some incorrect microphone settings. It is now working fine.

Is there any other consequence of MediaStreamTrack.getSources() being deprecated? Would I need to change it to MediaDevices.enumerateDevices(), or will everything keep working fine?

Hi there, Thank you for the reply. I cannot find any video chat option in the demo link that you posted. However, we did find the problem with our video chat, we had some incorrect microphone settings. It is now working fine. Is there any other consequence of MediaStreamTrack.getSources() being deprecated? Would I need to change it to MediaDevices.enumerateDevices(), or will everything keep working fine?
edited Feb 15 at 3:11 pm

That last post did not end well, I meant:

Would I need to change it to MediaDevices.enumerateDevices(), or will everything keep working fine?

That last post did not end well, I meant: Would I need to change it to MediaDevices.enumerateDevices(), or will everything keep working fine?
edited Feb 15 at 3:10 pm

Something seems to go wrong with posting, parts of my messages aren't coming through.

Something seems to go wrong with posting, parts of my messages aren't coming through.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft