Codoforum Related Descussions
On my form using CODOLOGIC forum.

All notifications are empty. I have no idea what should I do?! Please help me...
582c5fa2e704b.png

All notifications are empty. I have no idea what should I do?! Please help me... ![582c5fa2e704b.png](serve/attachment&path=582c5fa2e704b.png)

It looks like you have just installed Codo if so there will be no notifications.

The reason why i think this is because i can see the sample post on the screenshot.

It looks like you have just installed Codo if so there will be no notifications. The reason why i think this is because i can see the sample post on the screenshot.

so what else should I install in order to receive notifications?

You only have to have members who post and have the notification settings to recieve notifications

>so what else should I install in order to receive notifications? You only have to have members who post and have the notification settings to recieve notifications

I have registered TEST USER only to test it (I posted from TEST USER and replied from Admin) but it shows nothing http://forum.englishforlife.mk/codoforum
you can register here and you can see what's the problem!

I have registered TEST USER only to test it (I posted from TEST USER and replied from Admin) but it shows nothing http://forum.englishforlife.mk/codoforum you can register here and you can see what's the problem!
edited Nov 17 '16 at 12:06 am

How can I set notifications?
I just installed the codoforum.. I've connected it to the database... and I've tested it with 3 users commenting on different topics and no notifications appeared! I don't know what should I do can you tell me more details please?!

How can I set notifications? I just installed the codoforum.. I've connected it to the database... and I've tested it with 3 users commenting on different topics and no notifications appeared! I don't know what should I do can you tell me more details please?!

How can I set notifications?
I just installed the codoforum.. I've connected it to the database... and I've tested it with 3 users commenting on different topics and no notifications appeared! I don't know what should I do can you tell me more details please?!

@ardideari when a user makes a post, that user can set the notification level by sliding the blue box to the setting required. You can see the different responses by sliding it.

You can also set notifications in your profile under edit and notifications and seeing the level you want.

I hope this helps

>How can I set notifications? >I just installed the codoforum.. I've connected it to the database... and I've tested it with 3 users commenting on different topics and no notifications appeared! I don't know what should I do can you tell me more details please?! @ardideari when a user makes a post, that user can set the notification level by sliding the blue box to the setting required. You can see the different responses by sliding it. You can also set notifications in your profile under edit and notifications and seeing the level you want. I hope this helps

The user notifications level is set to maximum...
PS: PHP support (PHP version 5.6.28 ) running as PHP FPM application served by nginx
I've attached a screenshot to let you know how it looks like!
582dcd9bf03d8.png

The user notifications level is set to maximum... PS: PHP support (PHP version 5.6.28 ) running as PHP FPM application served by nginx I've attached a screenshot to let you know how it looks like! ![582dcd9bf03d8.png](serve/attachment&path=582dcd9bf03d8.png)

can you have a look at your nginx error log ? maybe something missing in your php config ?

can you have a look at your nginx error log ? maybe something missing in your php config ?

please, excuse my bad english! ( i'm french, and i know, it's not a good excuse ! ;) )

582ef1740a7ab.png
582ef1746b5d1.png

Here you are... but I don't know how can I find that log file of nginx

![582ef1740a7ab.png](serve/attachment&path=582ef1740a7ab.png) ![582ef1746b5d1.png](serve/attachment&path=582ef1746b5d1.png) Here you are... but I don't know how can I find that log file of nginx

@ardideari unfortunately you might have to wait a while as most of us are tied up. I cannot help on this aspect but hopefully @adesh1414127033 will see this mention and answer with some insightful info

@ardideari unfortunately you might have to wait a while as most of us are tied up. I cannot help on this aspect but hopefully @adesh1414127033 will see this mention and answer with some insightful info

Seems like there is some error while fetching the notifications.

Can you check your server error log for any php errors ?

If you have the site live, please give us the url.

http://forum.englishforlife.mk/codoforum seems offline

Seems like there is some error while fetching the notifications. Can you check your server error log for any php errors ? If you have the site live, please give us the url. http://forum.englishforlife.mk/codoforum seems offline

you have it on now... can you check it! I was restarting the server, sorry

How can I check the server for php errors

you have it on now... can you check it! I was restarting the server, sorry How can I check the server for php errors
edited Nov 20 '16 at 8:50 am

We have found the problem.

The notification query was not running since your mysql server has a particular mode enabled.

Please run below query to disable it:

SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY',''));
We have found the problem. The notification query was not running since your mysql server has a particular mode enabled. Please run below query to disable it: ``` SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','')); ```

5831deefeff15.png
It only shows this!

Or if I'm wrong tell me what should I do!

![5831deefeff15.png](serve/attachment&path=5831deefeff15.png) It only shows this! Or if I'm wrong tell me what should I do!

Hi,

Instead of this, lets just solve the root of the problem

Open sys/CODOF/Forum/Notification/Notifier.php

Around line 247, replace

$sql->orderBy('n.created', $orderBy)->groupBy('n.nid');

with

$sql->orderBy('n.created', $orderBy)->groupBy('n.nid');

Then, around line 282, replace

->orderBy('n.created', 'desc')
                ->groupBy('n.nid');

with

->orderBy('n.created', 'desc');
Hi, Instead of this, lets just solve the root of the problem Open sys/CODOF/Forum/Notification/Notifier.php Around line 247, replace ``` $sql->orderBy('n.created', $orderBy)->groupBy('n.nid'); ``` with ``` $sql->orderBy('n.created', $orderBy)->groupBy('n.nid'); ``` Then, around line 282, replace ``` ->orderBy('n.created', 'desc') ->groupBy('n.nid'); ``` with ``` ->orderBy('n.created', 'desc'); ```

@adesh1414127033
Here's what did I do:

1. Firstly I tried changing these codes and replacing with the ones you gave me... but.. it didn't work! Yeah I could say it wasn't loading in the notification icon but there were no notifications at all!

2. Then I tried with the thing that you told me to do previously, putting this

to mysql database I did this, I gave my user all the previleges and I succeeded and all the notifications were working brilliantly.... but... the problem now is that.. you know many times servers are down or they just need a restart. So, after the restart it doesn't work I should again give the code to console in order to work.

MY QUESTION NOW: Is there any way to give this code to mysql and to let it be permanent because after every server restart I should give it again?!

BTW thanks a lot for helping me and our school we are a private school and we have just decided to you your beautiful forum, which will be used by our students (Y) you are the best

@adesh1414127033 Here's what did I do: 1. Firstly I tried changing these codes and replacing with the ones you gave me... but.. it didn't work! Yeah I could say it wasn't loading in the notification icon but there were no notifications at all! 2. Then I tried with the thing that you told me to do previously, putting this ```` SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','')); ```` to mysql database I did this, I gave my user all the previleges and I succeeded and all the notifications were working brilliantly.... but... the problem now is that.. you know many times servers are down or they just need a restart. So, after the restart it doesn't work I should again give the code to console in order to work. MY QUESTION NOW: Is there any way to give this code to mysql and to let it be permanent because after every server restart I should give it again?! ```` SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','')); ```` BTW thanks a lot for helping me and our school we are a private school and we have just decided to you your beautiful forum, which will be used by our students (Y) you are the best

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft