Messaging other users needs to be more obvious, when you click profile of a person its not visible on mobile view...maybe even have a message button right next to reply button ( this would increase user engagement).
Also option to or not notify by email...

Messaging other users needs to be more obvious, when you click profile of a person its not visible on mobile view...maybe even have a message button right next to reply button ( this would increase user engagement). Also option to or not notify by email...

www.getpregnantforfree.co.uk (3600+ active members) powered by Codoforum 3.72 would like to see CodoPM updated :)

edited Dec 27 '15 at 4:09 pm

.maybe even have a message button right next to reply button

Didn't quite get what you meant here ?

Also option to or not notify by email...

Do you mean notifications for the private messages ?

>.maybe even have a message button right next to reply button Didn't quite get what you meant here ? >Also option to or not notify by email... Do you mean notifications for the private messages ?

@adesh1414127033 private messages could just be read when members log in or send a copy to email...

Also add a message in either of these 2 locations...

567ee96fe16ac.jpg

@adesh1414127033 private messages could just be read when members log in or send a copy to email... Also add a message in either of these 2 locations... ![567ee96fe16ac.jpg](serve/attachment&path=567ee96fe16ac.jpg)

www.getpregnantforfree.co.uk (3600+ active members) powered by Codoforum 3.72 would like to see CodoPM updated :)

Instead of adding clutter like that , we can do this:

Add a dropdown next to the user avatar. The dropdown will have option to

• report the user
  • send a private message
  • follow/like
  • delete user instead of going to the backend searching for him and then deleting his account
  • other user related stuff

What do you think about this ?

Instead of adding clutter like that , we can do this: Add a dropdown next to the user avatar. The dropdown will have option to - report the user - send a private message - follow/like - delete user instead of going to the backend searching for him and then deleting his account - other user related stuff What do you think about this ?
edited Dec 27 '15 at 5:05 am

@adesh1414127033 that sounds good smile but I'm engaging with my new forum users on Facebook chat at the same time for feedback and they are asking me frequently how do I message other users smile if you implement a drop down profile menu I'll monitor their behaviour and give you feedback....

@adesh1414127033 that sounds good :) but I'm engaging with my new forum users on Facebook chat at the same time for feedback and they are asking me frequently how do I message other users :( if you implement a drop down profile menu I'll monitor their behaviour and give you feedback....

Maybe the report user or block user, delete/ ban/ temporary ban user, follow or like could be on their profile page....
Would a drop down be practical in mobile view?

Maybe the report user or block user, delete/ ban/ temporary ban user, follow or like could be on their profile page.... Would a drop down be practical in mobile view?

I had another user of my forum comment about not being able to find messaging.

Also on Flarum private messaging is one of the most requested features...so get messaging done right and who knows where it will take you smile

I had another user of my forum comment about not being able to find messaging. Also on Flarum private messaging is one of the most requested features...so get messaging done right and who knows where it will take you :)

Maybe we can make it an option in the private messaging plugin.

Maybe we can make it an option in the private messaging plugin.

Hi..

I was just looking to make this more obvious for my users as well... I keep getting complaints (using the most recent version)

I just looked at the settings in the codopm plugin, and there is nothing there, it just says hello???

Was this ever delt with, it really seems to still be an issue for some folks

Hi.. I was just looking to make this more obvious for my users as well... I keep getting complaints (using the most recent version) I just looked at the settings in the codopm plugin, and there is nothing there, it just says hello??? Was this ever delt with, it really seems to still be an issue for some folks

There is an update coming to codopm and Codoforum soon, I would imagine with the many Bank Holidays close together and that developers have been quiet it should be within the next month....hopefully smile
My own forum the messaging is far busier than the posting ( which in itself is busy)

There is an update coming to codopm and Codoforum soon, I would imagine with the many Bank Holidays close together and that developers have been quiet it should be within the next month....hopefully :) My own forum the messaging is far busier than the posting ( which in itself is busy)

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft