Codoforum related discussions
bug

Hello. Thank you very much for such a nice forum engine!
I just installed it and I like it very much!

However I'm having troubles with uploading avatars. I can upload an image and it works fine for a while, but when I go to my profile page or logout, it resets to the default one: in my case it's "S" on some background.

Also, if I keep refreshing my account page, I notice that my default avatar with "S" changes the background. I'm assuming it's again being reset for no reason.

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on this forum instance (i.e. on http://codologic.com/forum/)

Here are some screenshots:

Once I click refresh, I see this:

I.e. the avatar has changed.

What can be the reason of this behavior? How it can be fixed?

Hello. Thank you very much for such a nice forum engine! I just installed it and I like it very much! However I'm having troubles with uploading avatars. I can upload an image and it works fine for a while, but when I go to my profile page or logout, it resets to the default one: in my case it's "S" on some background. Also, if I keep refreshing my account page, I notice that my default avatar with "S" changes the background. I'm assuming it's again being reset for no reason. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on this forum instance (i.e. on http://codologic.com/forum/) Here are some screenshots: http://habrastorage.org/files/2f0/472/366/2f0472366e484a7ab854359520aa9642.png Once I click refresh, I see this: http://habrastorage.org/files/12f/b2e/8c6/12fb2e8c63a34b4cbefc680e5a8d181e.png I.e. the avatar has changed. What can be the reason of this behavior? How it can be fixed?

Some additional information that might be helpful:

I go to /sites/default/assets/img/profiles and there I have all the avatars

I don't have any users now, so I decided to see what happens when I remove all the avatars

rm *.png *.jpg

Everything gets deleted:

$ ls
def  icons  index.html

Then I go to index.php?u=/user/profile to check my profile. After that I have an "S" on nice dark pink background

$ ls
def  icons  index.html  S_7f0044.png

A new avatar file appears in the directory.

I reload the page index.php?u=/user/profile a couple of times and see how my avatar changes to brown and then to green

$ ls
def  icons  index.html  S_00b8e6.png  S_7f0044.png  S_bfffd9.png

It seems to generate a new avatar almost on every refresh!

Some additional information that might be helpful: I go to `/sites/default/assets/img/profiles` and there I have all the avatars I don't have any users now, so I decided to see what happens when I remove all the avatars ``` rm *.png *.jpg ``` Everything gets deleted: ``` $ ls def icons index.html ``` Then I go to `index.php?u=/user/profile` to check my profile. After that I have an "S" on nice dark pink background ``` $ ls def icons index.html S_7f0044.png ``` A new avatar file appears in the directory. I reload the page `index.php?u=/user/profile` a couple of times and see how my avatar changes to brown and then to green ``` $ ls def icons index.html S_00b8e6.png S_7f0044.png S_bfffd9.png ``` It seems to generate a new avatar almost on every refresh!
edited Mar 3 '15 at 4:03 pm

Just to be clear: I'm running 3.1 version from 5th of Feb downloaded today

Just to be clear: I'm running 3.1 version from 5th of Feb downloaded today

I did had this problem on my server too back on 3.0

The standard avatar getted a new colour on almost every page. The team here will help you out with it, i dont know what they did for me back then.

Im running 3.1 for a while now and that problem is solved. So they will help you out when they coming online.

I did had this problem on my server too back on 3.0 The standard avatar getted a new colour on almost every page. The team here will help you out with it, i dont know what they did for me back then. Im running 3.1 for a while now and that problem is solved. So they will help you out when they coming online.
edited Mar 3 '15 at 4:28 pm

I'm having a problem where my Admin account will not accept a custom avatar image I've uploaded - it accepts it at first, but then keeps reverting back to the generic "A", and loosing the image.

And yes'm the colours for the generic icon of all user accounts change at every logon. I thought this was intentional!

I'm having a problem where my Admin account will not accept a custom avatar image I've uploaded - it accepts it at first, but then keeps reverting back to the generic "A", and loosing the image. And yes'm the colours for the generic icon of all user accounts change at every logon. I thought this was intentional!
edited Mar 5 '15 at 6:51 am

Hi,

We had fixed these bugs before...

Can you try a clean install of codoforum ?

Hi, We had fixed these bugs before... Can you try a clean install of codoforum ?

Hi,

We had fixed these bugs before...

Can you try a clean install of codoforum ?

I just installed the clean codoforum a couple of days ago. Have there been any changes? The website still says the last release was on Feb 5.

>Hi, >We had fixed these bugs before... >Can you try a clean install of codoforum ? I just installed the clean codoforum a couple of days ago. Have there been any changes? The website still says the last release was on Feb 5.

Just to be clear,

On 3.0 i had this problem, but 3.1 fixed it for me.

So hopefully when this is solved, it doesnt come back at me lol.

Just to be clear, On 3.0 i had this problem, but 3.1 fixed it for me. So hopefully when this is solved, it doesnt come back at me lol.

I installed a clean, fresh version of Codoforum 3.1 for a client a about 3 weeks ago. These issues happen there, on a clean instal, no plug-ins (apart from Mail).

I installed a clean, fresh version of Codoforum 3.1 for a client a about 3 weeks ago. These issues happen there, on a clean instal, no plug-ins (apart from Mail).

Any chance it will be fixed in the coming release?

Any chance it will be fixed in the coming release?

The issue seems to have gone with the newest codoforum update. Thanks for fixing it!

The issue seems to have gone with the newest codoforum update. Thanks for fixing it!

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft