Suggestion Box
Choice of full rendering for Codoforum

Hi,

first of all, a big thank for this innovative forum with using of last technologies like responsive design thanks to HTML5 and CSS3.

I would suggest to add a new setting beside "Hide topic messages" and "Enable infinite scrolling" : the possibility to display directly in full rendering aspect the forum instead to click to "read more" link. This option very usefull for small forum allow a logical display with the right formating choosen by the writers. By example, it is indeed curious to see the quotes text part mixing with the answer.
If you don't want to have a too big user settings part in the frontend, this choice can be put else in the backend part.

Hi, first of all, a big thank for this innovative forum with using of last technologies like responsive design thanks to HTML5 and CSS3. I would suggest to add a new setting beside "Hide topic messages" and "Enable infinite scrolling" : the possibility to display directly in full rendering aspect the forum instead to click to "read more" link. This option very usefull for small forum allow a logical display with the right formating choosen by the writers. By example, it is indeed curious to see the quotes text part mixing with the answer. If you don't want to have a too big user settings part in the frontend, this choice can be put else in the backend part.
edited Dec 16 '14 at 10:13 pm

Your suggestion is good.
We will add this option in the backend.

do you want the full post to be rendered no matter how long the post is?

Your suggestion is good. We will add this option in the backend. do you want the full post to be rendered no matter how long the post is?
edited Dec 17 '14 at 3:40 am

If the user disable the infinite scrolling, just for the visible part. Else with the disable case, in the same way than the next messages appear. If the display is then to slow, the admin can always disable this feature in the backend.

If the user disable the infinite scrolling, just for the visible part. Else with the disable case, in the same way than the next messages appear. If the display is then to slow, the admin can always disable this feature in the backend.

Sorry, but we did not understand what you meant in your post.

Can you provide more details ?

Sorry, but we did not understand what you meant in your post. Can you provide more details ?

When a topic is too long, you don't display immediately all the messages. The rendering can be performed only for the current messages displayed. when you use the vertical scollbar to get deeper message, we see a short loading process to get next messages. this is during this loading process you can render the next messages.

When a topic is too long, you don't display immediately all the messages. The rendering can be performed only for the current messages displayed. when you use the vertical scollbar to get deeper message, we see a short loading process to get next messages. this is during this loading process you can render the next messages.

I want to set "hide topic messages" as default. How can I do?

I want to set "hide topic messages" as default. How can I do?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft