General discussion
New Post section - Remove

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the New Post section or enable it only for users with permissions?

Thanks in advance

Hello, Is it possible to remove the New Post section or enable it only for users with permissions? Thanks in advance

Do you mean permission to create topics and reply?

You can do that by creating a new role and revoking these permissions from user role.

Do you mean permission to create topics and reply? You can do that by creating a new role and revoking these permissions from user role.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

no, if the user is not logged in or does not have permissions set visible = false

620e2dd7abc47

no, if the user is not logged in or does not have permissions set visible = false ![620e2dd7abc47](serve/attachment&path=620e2dd7abc47)
edited Feb 17 at 11:15 am

I want the guest to be able to see the content, but only registered users with permission can see the New Topic link.
That the New Topic link does not appear for unregistered users or without permission

I want the guest to be able to see the content, but only registered users with permission can see the New Topic link. That the New Topic link does not appear for unregistered users or without permission

Doing that is quite easy but you might have to make this change when you update codoforum.

Open sites/default/themes/default/templates/forum/topics.tpl

Around line 42, you will see that there is commented code. Uncommenting that (remove asterisk) will do what you want.

This is the line you are looking for:

{*if $I->loggedIn() and $canCreateTopicInAtleastOneCategory*}
Doing that is quite easy but you might have to make this change when you update codoforum. Open sites/default/themes/default/templates/forum/topics.tpl Around line 42, you will see that there is commented code. Uncommenting that (remove asterisk) will do what you want. This is the line you are looking for: ```` {*if $I->loggedIn() and $canCreateTopicInAtleastOneCategory*} ````
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft