Codoforum related discussions
Database not updating

When i'm deleting some post its not updated in my database.
still have that post in my database
its error or its should be like that? @admin

When i'm deleting some post its not updated in my database. still have that post in my database its error or its should be like that? @admin

@blake
This is intentional and is a standard practise.

@blake This is intentional and is a standard practise.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

can i make my database automaticly deleting data when i delete some post? @admin

can i make my database automaticly deleting data when i delete some post? @admin

@blake
Currently it is not possible, we mark the post/topic as deleted instead of doing an actual delete.
This is because, deleting a topic involves deleting data from lot of other tables and files.
This has performance implications as your forum grows due to transaction locks during the deletion process.

In a real world scenario, you would delete 1 topic for every 400 to 500 topics and hence you are not really loosing any space.

You can write your custom MySQL triggers which can do deletes when value changes.

If your data actually grows that big and if you feel, it is a real matter of concern, we will put in a feature for cleaning up old data.

@blake Currently it is not possible, we mark the post/topic as deleted instead of doing an actual delete. This is because, deleting a topic involves deleting data from lot of other tables and files. This has performance implications as your forum grows due to transaction locks during the deletion process. In a real world scenario, you would delete 1 topic for every 400 to 500 topics and hence you are not really loosing any space. You can write your custom MySQL triggers which can do deletes when value changes. If your data actually grows that big and if you feel, it is a real matter of concern, we will put in a feature for cleaning up old data.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft