Codoforum related discussions
Email configuration will be wrong

hi,
Both SMTP and mail() will fail。
Use the Gmail service
5da520e612cc3
5da520f025150

hi, Both SMTP and mail() will fail。 Use the Gmail service ![5da520e612cc3](serve/attachment&path=5da520e612cc3) ![5da520f025150](serve/attachment&path=5da520f025150)

Hi,

Open sys/CODOF/Forum/Notification/Mail.php

On line 60, replace

$mail->SMTPDebug = 0;  // debugging: 1 = errors and messages, 2 = messages only

with

$mail->SMTPDebug = 1;  // debugging: 1 = errors and messages, 2 = messages only

Now, try sending a test mail with the same details, you should see more debug information to help with why its failing.

Hi, Open sys/CODOF/Forum/Notification/Mail.php On line 60, replace ``` $mail->SMTPDebug = 0; // debugging: 1 = errors and messages, 2 = messages only ``` with ``` $mail->SMTPDebug = 1; // debugging: 1 = errors and messages, 2 = messages only ``` Now, try sending a test mail with the same details, you should see more debug information to help with why its failing.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

2019-10-15 09:35:06 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0) SMTP connect() failed.

After installing the following tutorial, mail() shows success, but the test message is not actually received.

1、Reinstall the sendmail component, I am using CentOS, use the following command to install

apt-get install sendmail

2、Restart the php-fpm process with the following command

/etc/init.d/php-fpm restart

3、Check if sendmail is working properly.

/etc/init.d/sendmail status

If the display is running running, you can.

Possible commands

/etc/init.d/sendmail start (starts sendmail)

/etc/init.d/sendmail stop (closes sendmail)

/etc/init.d/sendmail restart (restart sendmail)

4、Configure php.ini and fill in the absolute path of sendmail

Use the command to open the edit php.ini

Vi /usr/local/php/etc/php.ini

Enter ?sendmail_path to find the location (or manually jump to find sendmail_path), you will find the default is the following code

;sendmail_path =
Press i to enter the edit and change this line to

Sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t –i

Press Esc to exit editing, type :wq to save and exit

5、Restart the php-fpm process

/etc/init.d/php-fpm restart
2019-10-15 09:35:06 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0) SMTP connect() failed. After installing the following tutorial, mail() shows success, but the test message is not actually received. 1、Reinstall the sendmail component, I am using CentOS, use the following command to install ```` apt-get install sendmail ```` 2、Restart the php-fpm process with the following command ```` /etc/init.d/php-fpm restart ```` 3、Check if sendmail is working properly. ```` /etc/init.d/sendmail status ```` If the display is running running, you can. Possible commands ```` /etc/init.d/sendmail start (starts sendmail)   /etc/init.d/sendmail stop (closes sendmail)   /etc/init.d/sendmail restart (restart sendmail) ```` 4、Configure php.ini and fill in the absolute path of sendmail Use the command to open the edit php.ini ```` Vi /usr/local/php/etc/php.ini ```` Enter ?sendmail_path to find the location (or manually jump to find sendmail_path), you will find the default is the following code ;sendmail_path = Press i to enter the edit and change this line to ```` Sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t –i ```` Press Esc to exit editing, type :wq to save and exit 5、Restart the php-fpm process ```` /etc/init.d/php-fpm restart ````

It may be that the ports are blocked by your hosting provider. Can you check that ?

It may be that the ports are blocked by your hosting provider. Can you check that ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft