There are a few issues with the mobile/responsive version of CF I would like to talk about.

First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen. You know, the mobile devices have small screens, and not using all this small space is a bit of a problem and it looks not that good. The forum have to expand and use every valuable pixel.
5408d4a08eb23.jpg

Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only). Imagine you have a forum with hundreds of categories and the user has to scroll.....scroll....and scroll....and than can see the recent topics. The categories could go into that menu button on the NavBar.
5408d56ddeb0a.jpg

Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice. First on the linktree and than again on the top of the topic. I think, when you are inside the topic you don't need to click the title of the topic again. It makes no sense and takes again valuable space.
5408d5dd0a141.jpg

And, that search bar is ugly. Codoforum is a beautiful forum, but the search bar is a no-go. It is ugly and takes a lot of space. It have to be replaced with a nice buton or a small search field on the top. Right into the NavBar. Like the modern websites do now.
5408d659f3a22.jpg

PS: An autosave thing is very welcome here. I closed the tab when writing the post and had to write it again. ;)

There are a few issues with the mobile/responsive version of CF I would like to talk about. First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen. You know, the mobile devices have small screens, and not using all this small space is a bit of a problem and it looks not that good. The forum have to expand and use every valuable pixel. ![5408d4a08eb23.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5408d4a08eb23.jpg) Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only). Imagine you have a forum with hundreds of categories and the user has to scroll.....scroll....and scroll....and than can see the recent topics. The categories could go into that menu button on the NavBar. ![5408d56ddeb0a.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5408d56ddeb0a.jpg) Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice. First on the linktree and than again on the top of the topic. I think, when you are inside the topic you don't need to click the title of the topic again. It makes no sense and takes again valuable space. ![5408d5dd0a141.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5408d5dd0a141.jpg) And, that search bar is ugly. Codoforum is a beautiful forum, but the search bar is a no-go. It is ugly and takes a lot of space. It have to be replaced with a nice buton or a small search field on the top. Right into the NavBar. Like the modern websites do now. ![5408d659f3a22.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5408d659f3a22.jpg) PS: An autosave thing is very welcome here. I closed the tab when writing the post and had to write it again. ;)

Yes we know the search bar is ugly, we(developers) have debated about it many a times.
This will be moved to the menu bar as you have suggested.

Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice.

That is a very good observation!! we will do something about it.

Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only).

yes, we might add a slide in menu.

First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen.

we haven't looked much at mobile rendering lately smile but we will have it fixed in 2.3 smile

Yes we know the search bar is ugly, we(developers) have debated about it many a times. This will be moved to the menu bar as you have suggested. > Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice. That is a very good observation!! we will do something about it. >Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only). yes, we might add a slide in menu. >First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen. we haven't looked much at mobile rendering lately :( but we will have it fixed in 2.3 :)

First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen.

we haven't looked much at mobile rendering lately smile but we will have it fixed in 2.3 smile

Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only).

yes, we might add a slide in menu.

Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice.

That is a very good observation!! we will do something about it.

Please fix it before releasing 2.5 smile

>>>First, the mobile CF doesn't use the whole screen. >>we haven't looked much at mobile rendering lately :( but we will have it fixed in 2.3 :) . >>>Second, the categories have to be removed from the frontpage (mobile only). >>yes, we might add a slide in menu. . >>>Third, the topic title, when you are inside the topic is there twice. >>That is a very good observation!! we will do something about it. Please fix it before releasing 2.5 (:|

The whole UI is redesigned in V2.5 making it full width in mobiles with less than 553px screens for optimum readability.

The breadcrumns have been improved so the titles are no longer repeated.

The whole UI is redesigned in V2.5 making it full width in mobiles with less than 553px screens for optimum readability. The breadcrumns have been improved so the titles are no longer repeated.

Another problem with the Mobile version:
When the topic title is too long, or there are more than 1 page, the long title or the pagination breaks the blue background. It is not that nice to see and again, in a mobile device, where the space is very valuable this will take again a lot of space.54f96144d02e9.jpg

I think you should take off at all the pagination at all, because it is in the bottom too, and if the topic title is too long, don't show it with the full length. Or you can find another way to fix this.

Another problem with the Mobile version: When the topic title is too long, or there are more than 1 page, the long title or the pagination breaks the blue background. It is not that nice to see and again, in a mobile device, where the space is very valuable this will take again a lot of space.![54f96144d02e9.jpg](serve/attachment&path=54f96144d02e9.jpg) I think you should take off at all the pagination at all, because it is in the bottom too, and if the topic title is too long, don't show it with the full length. Or you can find another way to fix this.
edited Mar 6 '15 at 8:14 am

And the category logo-image is way too big. It takes most of the sreen of my smartphone. I think for the mobile site, you should reduce the size of this to a nice small logo.
54f9679ec286a.jpg

And the category logo-image is way too big. It takes most of the sreen of my smartphone. I think for the mobile site, you should reduce the size of this to a nice small logo. ![54f9679ec286a.jpg](serve/attachment&path=54f9679ec286a.jpg)

Good points Itlo.

Also, i have a suggestion on the mobile version:

If you make an SUB category, and you go on mobile screen to the site, the SUB category link is under the category image instead of right next to it.

Seems the td is not width enough... Its on this forum too. EDIT: it seems to be on 1024x768 too.

Just some little tweakers in here.

Good points Itlo. Also, i have a suggestion on the mobile version: If you make an SUB category, and you go on mobile screen to the site, the SUB category link is under the category image instead of right next to it. Seems the td is not width enough... Its on this forum too. EDIT: it seems to be on 1024x768 too. Just some little tweakers in here.
edited Mar 6 '15 at 9:36 am

We have now fixed this bug for 1024x768 screens

We have now fixed this bug for 1024x768 screens

Hi @adesh @avinash,

Did you mentioned that in Category page, on all mobile resolution sizes there is an bottom horizontal scrollbar? 3.0 > 3.1 both have it.

EDIT: Nevermind, its gone. I think my browser was flippin'

Hi @adesh @avinash, Did you mentioned that in Category page, on all mobile resolution sizes there is an bottom horizontal scrollbar? 3.0 > 3.1 both have it. EDIT: Nevermind, its gone. I think my browser was flippin'
edited Mar 7 '15 at 10:47 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft