General discussion
Category side-panel size

I'd quite like to make the category image and the container it is in take up less space.

I think it is called .codo_categories_container

Can I alter its width?

I'd quite like to make the category image and the container it is in take up less space. I think it is called .codo_categories_container Can I alter its width?

http://criticalbathtub.co.uk

The forum is build on grid using bootstrap, so do not alter the width using css.

To alter the width, open

sites/default/themes/default/templates/forum/topics.tpl

Then

Search for div

 <div class="codo_categories col-md-4" id="codo_categories_sidebar">

Reduce col-md-4 to col-md-3 or less

Then find

<div class="codo_topics col-md-8 clearfix">

Increase col-md-8.

The numbers when added should sum up to 12 (columns)

But, as @hard_as_snails said, it may not look good.

The forum is build on grid using bootstrap, so do not alter the width using css. To alter the width, open `sites/default/themes/default/templates/forum/topics.tpl` Then Search for div ``` &amp;lt;div class=&quot;codo_categories col-md-4&quot; id=&quot;codo_categories_sidebar&quot;&amp;gt; ``` Reduce col-md-4 to col-md-3 or less Then find ``` &amp;lt;div class=&quot;codo_topics col-md-8 clearfix&quot;&amp;gt; ``` Increase col-md-8. The numbers when added should sum up to 12 (columns) But, as @hard_as_snails said, it may not look good.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Terrific, thank you. I might experiment with different sizes.

What about scaling as a percentage of screen width, rather than an absolute value. Can I make the sidebar, say, 20%, and the main posts 80%?

Terrific, thank you. I might experiment with different sizes. What about scaling as a percentage of screen width, rather than an absolute value. Can I make the sidebar, say, 20%, and the main posts 80%?

http://criticalbathtub.co.uk

They are defined in % when you use those col-md-* classes.

They are defined in % when you use those col-md-* classes.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
149
4
3
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft