General discussion
What is the "gg" in some URLs ?

Hi,

I noticed that the URLs to posts, from the homepage, are containing a "gg" like this :

index.php?u=/topic/2/ggmy-topic

But the real URL of the topics are :

index.php?u=/topic/2/my-topic

Why this "gg" ? And how can I remove it ?

It's very bad for SEO (dupplicate content).

Thanks

Hi, I noticed that the URLs to posts, from the homepage, are containing a "gg" like this : ```` index.php?u=/topic/2/ggmy-topic ```` But the real URL of the topics are : ```` index.php?u=/topic/2/my-topic ```` Why this "gg" ? And how can I remove it ? It's very bad for SEO (dupplicate content). Thanks

Thanks for spotting this out.

We may have added it while testing something but forgot to remove it.

You can correct that by editing the file sys/CODOF/Forum/Topic.php

Around line 653,

replace

                "safe_title" => "gg".\CODOF\Filter::URL_safe($topic['title']),

with

                "safe_title" => \CODOF\Filter::URL_safe($topic['title']),
Thanks for spotting this out. We may have added it while testing something but forgot to remove it. You can correct that by editing the file sys/CODOF/Forum/Topic.php Around line 653, replace ``` "safe_title" => "gg".\CODOF\Filter::URL_safe($topic['title']), ``` with ``` "safe_title" => \CODOF\Filter::URL_safe($topic['title']), ```
182
2
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft